If you’re a Zoho.Campaigns user, you know how frustrating it is to be limited to Lead and Contact module fields when setting criteria for a mailing list, right? Recently, Campaigns add a feature whereby you can now set criteria using data from the related Account and Deal records for your Contacts, as well as sync any custom module that has an email field!! It is available during a Contact sync set-up. Here’s how you use it: Read more
You may have noticed by now an enticement to try the new record import user interface… don’t be afraid, try it! They’ve fixed so many inconveniences with the old interface and added some great new features! Here are just a few… Read more
This is one of the best kept secrets in GoldMine; how to modify your toolbar.
- Click the “little down arrow” button all the way to the right of your toolbar, select “Add or Remove buttons”.
- Go to Customize, then Commands.
- From the list, click-drag the desired item up and onto your toolbar. It’s just that easy!
I hardly ever see this done in the field, and it’s a shame. Simply having the Complete a call… item on the toolbar can be liberating!
Did you know that you can also hide and/or reveal single menuitems for users as well?
However, instead of going to Tools | Options, we need to go to Tools | Users’ Settings, which means we need master rights or equivalent.
- Select Tools | Options | User’s Settings.
- Select the user you wish to modify, click the “Properties” button.
- Go to the Menu tab.
- Using the tree-view, check or uncheck the top level menu items you wish to show or hide.
- Ok your way out.
The user in question will need to restart their GoldMine. Good luck and have fun!
GoldMine comes out of the box with everything turned all the way on and all the way up. By which I mean all tabs, all menuitems and all access permissions are enabled. Now, because no one uses 100% of GoldMine, having these unused tabs (i.e. Referrals, Projects, etc) can clutter up the workspace and confuse newer users.
To hide and/or reveal tabs,
- Select Tools | Options from the top level menu.
- Select the “Record” tab.
- Click the “Tabs” button.
- Simply check or uncheck those items you wish to show or hide.
- Ok your way out.
Pro Tip: Use the “Customize Globally” checkbox to push changes out to all users. Use with care!
The default “Top Opportunities” Chart is fine, but if you prefer to see the detailed revenue for each Opportunity, follow these instructions. (Scroll to the bottom to check out the finished chart!) Read more
If you’re working in a View and try to filter a column, but don’t have the option, follow these instructions to fix. Read more