I don’t see nearly as many cleaned up Picklists in the field as I wouild like to. Of course, I mean the lookup window you get for each field by clicking the little grey arrow to the right of it.
You’d be surprised at how much these impact data integrity within GoldMine. Plus, once configured, it makes data entry EASY.
To mass e-mail to the filter we just created:
1. Select Actions | Begin E-mail Merge from the top-level menu.
2. Select the template you wish to send.
3. On the Recipient tab, select the Filter you wish to send to. Also (important), select Queue for Delivery. Then ok.
4. This will populate your GoldMine outbox with outgoing e-mails based on the filter you selected. To send, just select a range of emails and right-click | Send. It’s a good idea to only send a few hundred per day. any more than that and you run the risk of being blacklisted a spammer!
Try it, and have fun!
Creating a Filter to use for mass e-mailing out of GoldMine is easy!
1. Within the Search Center, use the “plus” or “minus” buttons in the upper right-hand corner to add or remove levels to your search.
2. Click Save | Save as Filter from the upper left-hand corner.
3. Give your Filter a friendly name and click Ok.
One of the easiest ways to leverage the remote capabilities of GoldMine is to synchronize (copy) your calendar with Outlook.
1. Select Tools | Synchronize | Synchronize with Outlook from the top-level menu.
2. Click the “Synchronize Now” button.
3. Select “Start a new Session”, then Next.
4. Select “Send and Retrieve…” and uncheck “Synchronize Contact Items”.
5. Select “My Calendar”, then Next.
6. Change your cutoff date to the day you want to Start synchronizing calendar items from, Next.
7. Give your sync profile a friendly name, then Finish.
This will synchronize your GM calendar with Outlook based on that Cutoff Date you selected in step 6.
Pro Tip : to “wipe and reload” GM items previously synchronized with Outlook, re-run the sync with “Omit records previously retrieved from Outlook” enabled. (Step 6)
Taking away the sharp tools is always a good idea. I’d say that roughly 25% of the support calls I get could be circumvented if some of those tools had been taken away.
1. To modify a users top-level menu, select Tools | Users’ Settings | User Properties.
2. From the Menu tab, you can turn top-level menu items On or Off for the end user:
ProTip: Using the “Save” and “Delete” buttons, you can create and modify menu “Templates” for easy deployment to other users.
Ah, yes! Removing stuff in your way with GoldMine is easy. Let us now remove Tabs from the bottom edge of the GoldMine Contact Record. We’ll start with the ones we don’t use – you know, most of them.
1. Get into Record options via Tools | Options | Record from the top-level menu.
2. Click on the “Tabs” button.
3. From here you can enable/disable any tab and re-position it. I’ve removed all the tabs except for the most vital:
Pro-tip: The “Customize Globally” checkbox works as you imagine it does. But be careful you don’t take away a tab that a user depends on!
One of the most useful things you’ll do with GoldMine is remove parts of it from being in your way. Let’s start with the Toolbar.
1. Activate edit mode by clicking on the “little down arrow” all the way on the right of the toolbar. Then “Add or Remove Buttons”, then “Customize”.
2. Go to the “Commands” tab. What you see here is literally every item from the GoldMine top-level menu. To add an item to the Toolbar, click-drag the item from the right-hand side of the Commands window into the toolbar.
3. When you are in this mode, you can also re-arrange the Toolbar items with a click drag. Removing an item is done by click-dragging it off of the Toolbar.
Pro-tip: For those of you who love to micro-manage your GoldMine interface, right-click on any Toolbar button to bring up all kinds of options:
GoldMine Groups are now tightly integrated with CC. Whether you select the Group from the Campaigns Center (shown here)…
..or create the Group from GoldMine (shown here)…
…you have the ability to “associate” it with a CC Email List Name. What this really means is that you automatically get that GoldMine Group imported into CC as an Email List. I was actually amazed at how well this works. Try it! (You can get a CC account for the first 30 days free)