Some organizations want data to span the entire page so they want to remove the Activities Side bar. This will give you more room on the page for Details but now you have to put the Activities somewhere.
One option is to place the Activity component with the Details, creating a new tab with the same visuals.
To Remove the Side Bar:
- With page open that you want to remove the sidebar from (e.g, Account), click the Setup (Gear) icon and choose Edit Page.
- Click on the Sidebar to select it and then click the Trash Can to remove it.
- To place the Activity component with the details, select the Tabs component to display the properties on the right.
- Click the Add Tab
- A new Details box is added. Click on it, choose Activity from the list and click Done. The Activity component is now in the Tabs and not the Side Bar.
- Click on a blank area of the layout to display the Page properties on the left. Under Template, click the Change button
- Choose the Header and One Region layout to open the full page for content or choose another that fits your needs.
- The page will update to the changes.
- Click the Save button at the top of the page and then Back.