Many people have asked if they can make changes to the user interface for records in Zoho CRM. Until now, the answer has been no – but that is all changed now that Canvas for Zoho CRM has been introduced.
What is Canvas for Zoho CRM?
Canvas is essentially a CRM design studio with no code – just drag and drop fields where you want them. What’s even better is that you can customize how Zoho looks for different teams of users.
You can design a Canvas view for each module. You can start from scratch or use one of the templates Zoho provides as a starting point.
How Do I Create My First Canvas View?
1. Go to Setup>Customization>Custom Builder and click “Create Record Detail Page.” Select the module and layout you want the Canvas to apply to.
2. Select a template from the gallery or choose to create a blank template.
3. Once you have a template selected and click Select, you will come to a screen with your template. You will also see all the various items you need to customize your view on the left – from Fields to Elements to ways to customize the Style.4. From here you can drag in the fields you want, move other fields around, change fonts, font color or many other style aspects. You will notice that you can even change the way you see the related lists as well as information from other modules.
5. Once you have set up your Canvas as you like, you will need to name your Canvas and save it.
6. Once saved, click Canvas Assignment to set permissions for each profile and decide who should see the canvas as their default.
This is just an overview of what you can do with Canvas for Zoho CRM and it can be very overwhelming when you see all the options you have for designing how your records look. Here at The Marks Group, we can help you understand all you can do with a Canvas view and help you create your own.
Did you know The Marks Group is offering Zoho CRM Admin training? Check out our Events page to sign up! Also, don’t forget to check out our Zoho Training Video library on our YouTube channel for more assistance with Zoho CRM and many other Zoho products! Feel free to contact us at email@example.com with any questions or if you need Zoho support. Feel free to comment below. We’d love to hear your thoughts!