Did you know that you can use an actual e-mail template for a signature, as opposed to using a simple text file? This allows you to use fancy fonts and insert company logos.
First, you must create an e-mail signature template.
1. Select Go To | Document Templates from the top level menu.
2. Select YOUR username from the top left-hand drop down list.
3. Within the left-hand pane, right click on “E-mail Templates”, then select “New”.
4. This will drop you into the template editor. Simply use it like a word processor and type out (inserting pictures as appropriate) your desired signature text.
5. When finished, click the little yellow disk button in the top left-hand corner to “Save”. Make sure your template is listed properly in the Document Templates list.
To set the template to be your default e-mail signature;
1. Select Tools | Options from the top level menu.
2. Select the “E-mail” tab, click on “More Options”.
3. In the lower right-hand corner, use the “Default Templates” drop downs to find and select your signature template. You can set it for “New Outgoing”, “Replies”, and “Forwarded”.
4. Ok your way back out to GoldMine.
5. To test the template, simply start writing an e-mail. The Defaults you set up should take effect immediately.