When using GoldMine for email, you can insert Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter icons into your signature template.
The image files need to be stored in a folder on a shared drive; usually the GoldMine drive.
Here are some icons you can use. Right-click and choose save picture as file. If you have your own icons or find others you would like to use, save them to the shared folder for consistency.
Open the E-mail Template from the Document Management Center in edit mode.
- Open the E-mail Template from the Document Management Center in edit mode.
- Place the cursor in the location you wish to insert the Social Media hyperlink.
- Click on the Insert Picture button on the message toolbar.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the shared folder and select the icon file.
- Click OK to insert into the message.
Now you need to add the hyperlink.
- Select the icon in the email message.
- Click the Insert Hyperlink button on the message toolbar.
- Make sure the Type: is “http:”
- Place the cursor at the end of “http://” in the URL: textbox.
- Type in the url for your social media site for the icon. For example, “//www.facebook.com/< facebook profile name >”. Click OK to insert the hyperlink.
- Repeat as needed with other icons.
- Save the template when finished.
- Test the links by sending the new template to yourself in a new message.