Salesforce Lightning has a new Highlights Panel that can show important information easily at the top of the page. You can edit each page highlights panel to include up to six fields. These fields will be data that will help the user ‘know’ the contact or easily access their contact information. Standard and custom fields can be displayed here so you can create formula field to put several together (e.g., Rep + Territory + State) to get more information into the panel.
To Add/Remove fields form the Highlights Panel:
- Click on the Gear icon and choose Set Up. Then click on the Object Manager
- Navigate and select the object you want to edit the highlights panel on. For this example we will be using the Account object.
- Click on Compact Layouts from the list on the left and select the page layout you are using (if applicable).
- Click the Edit button.
- Add/Remove fields from the Selected Fields list using the arrows. Click the Save button when finished.
- Return to the page and verify the changes are correct.
- If you do not see your changes, verify the Compact Layout Assignment by clicking the Compact Layout Assignment
- Make any necessary changes by clicking the Edit Assignment button and choosing the correct page layout to use.
- Click Save and verify the changes are now correct.