When you set up a Zoho CRM workflow, you define the actions needed when the conditions of the workflow are met. You have a choice of actions including creating new records, sending email notifications, creating tasks, etc. Zoho has now added two new options – calls or meetings.
When Would I Calls or Meetings in a Zoho CRM Workflow?
There are many times you may want to have a workflow set up a call or meeting. Below are some examples:
- You want to schedule introductory calls when a new lead is created
- A deal stage is set to Closed Won and you want to schedule an orientation meeting
How Do I Add Calls or Meetings to a Workflow?
- Start a new workflow rule
- Select the trigger to be on either a record action or on a Date/Time
- Choose Activities from either the Instant Actions or Scheduled Actions and then either Schedule a Call or Add a Meeting
- If you are scheduling a call, complete all of the fields in the pop-up window
- If you are adding a meeting, complete the fields in the pop-up window (note that you can use merge fields for the meeting title)
When you are scheduling meetings, there are a few items you need to be aware of.
- If the host is not available, you can check the box and either assign the meeting to the record owner or create a task for the host to schedule the meeting.
- You can add participants by selecting Add More Fields, choosing Add Participants and then adding the participants you want.
Did you know The Marks Group is offering Zoho CRM Admin training? Check out our Events page to sign up! Also, don’t forget to check out our Zoho Training Video library on our YouTube channel for more assistance with Zoho CRM and many other Zoho products! Feel free to contact us at email@example.com with any questions or if you need Zoho support. Feel free to comment below. We’d love to hear your thoughts!