We are glad to share the introduction of the lookup filter in Zoho CRM. This new feature will help ensure your users are choosing the right records when using a lookup field.
What is a Lookup Filter In Zoho CRM?
A lookup filter is a new feature that allows you to set the criteria for which records will appear in a lookup field. With this, you can now define the eligible records when a user clicks in a lookup field.
For example, if have you only want active accounts to be available when associating an account with a deal, you can apply lookup filter criteria that the Business Active field is selected. This will prevent inactive accounts from being tied to a new deal.
How Do I Set Up Lookup Filters?
The lookup filter is located in the properties of the lookup field.
- Click the gear in the top right corner to open the Setup menu
- Got to “Modules and Fields” under Customization and open the module where the lookup field is or will be located
- Click on the “…” next to the lookup field and choose “Edit Properties” and then click the checkbox next to Filter lookup records
- In the window that pops up, choose the field from the lookup module that you want to set the criteria on and define the criteria. Click Save, Done and then save the record layout.
Now when a user goes to use the lookup field and clicks on the icon only the records that meet the criteria will appear.
As an additional validation, you will have the option to choose “Validate lookup filter during record edit” from the lookup field properties. This ensures that whenever the record is edited, Zoho will check to see if the record in the lookup field still meets the criteria for the deal.
This feature is rolling out during March 2023. If you do not see the Filter lookup records option, you can fill out this form to request access.
Key Points About Lookup Filter
- Lookup filter can be used for Lookup and User Lookup fields
- You cannot use the filter for Multi-select Lookup fields
- Lookup filter is only available for Enterprise or Ultimate editions of Zoho CRM or Zoho One
Did you know The Marks Group is offering Zoho CRM Admin training? Check out our Events page to sign up! Also, don’t forget to check out our Zoho Training Video library on our YouTube channel for more assistance with Zoho CRM and many other Zoho products! Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need Zoho support. Feel free to comment below. We’d love to hear your thoughts!