You can now create a Zoho CRM workflow that will create a new record. This is just another way that you can automate your processes and leave less to have your users do.
When Would I Want a Zoho CRM Workflow to Create a Record?
Here are some examples of when you may want to create a record automatically:
- You’ve changed the contact status when you know you are ready to start a new deal. With a workflow you can have Zoho create that deal record for you.
- You’ve set up a custom module that captures customer inquiries. You can set up your workflow so that after one day a case is created.
Can I Create a Record in Any Module?
Your workflow can be set up to create records as follows:
- Standard modules – Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Deals and Cases
- All customer modules
How Do I Set a Zoho CRM Workflow to Create a Record?
- Start a new workflow rule.
- Select the trigger to be on either a record action or on a Date/Time
- Choose Create Record from either the Instant Actions or Scheduled Actions
- Select a Record Type (ie Module) and then fill out all the required fields as well as any other fields you add to this pop-up (using the “+” circled in red). You will notice in the example below that you can set the closing date based on the date of the workflow. In addition, you can use merge fields to fill in all or part of a field.
Did you know The Marks Group is offering Zoho CRM Admin training? Check out our Events page to sign up! Also, don’t forget to check out our Zoho Training Video library on our YouTube channel for more assistance with Zoho CRM and many other Zoho products! Feel free to contact us at email@example.com with any questions or if you need Zoho support. Feel free to comment below. We’d love to hear your thoughts!