If you’re an avid workflow user and record importer, then you know the hardship of not being able to trigger workflow on imported records, even if they meet the criteria of a workflow rule. Here’s a little work-around that you can use to run workflow on imported records…
- Step 1 – create a simple checkbox field, “import”
- Step 2 – include a criteria item in your workflow rule that “import is selected”
- Step 2 – import your records – WITHOUT the new import field checked
- Step 3 – Create a “view” or “filter” that will give you the list of records you just imported (you can use a tag, or use created date)
- Step 4 – Select all the records in this view/filter by checking the box at the top – be sure to click “select all records in this view” link at the top if there are more than 100
- Step 5 – Click Mass update and select the new import field from the drop down and check it, click save.
Your workflow will now be triggered!