Couple of recent changes, if you’re a big lead person is that you can now turn OFF the opportunity area when converting a lead. There are two settings actually that may be of use for you. Read more
To find the age of items such as the age of person, age of an account, age of the client relationship, etc., a custom formula field can be created to calculate the time difference between two dates. Read more
There are times when you will need to join Salesforce objects to retrieve and present report data that meet your company’s needs. This may occur when you have custom objects or need information that is not included in the standard Report Types.
An example is wanting a report that will filter on Accounts with Orders including Product information. A custom Report Type is needed in order to query on these objects or display information stored in them.
To create the report type for this report:
- From Setup, type “Report Types” into the Quick Find
- Select Report Types from the results.
- If the Custom Report Types information page opens, click Continue.
- A list of report types will display. Click the New Custom Report Type
- Select the Primary Object from the drop down. In this example, Accounts will be chosen.
- Enter a name for the report type (e.g., Accounts with Orders including Products). Enter a description and choose which folder to store it in.
- Choose Deployed from the Deployment section.
- Click Next.
- Click the box under the Primary Object and select a Child Object that is related to it. Only related objects will be available to choose from. For this example, choose Orders.
- For each child object, select one of the following criteria:
- Each “A” record must have at least one related “B” record. Only parent records with child records are shown in the report.
- “A” records may or may not have related “B” records. Parent records are shown, whether or not they have child records.
- For this example, choose Each “A” record must have at least one related “B” record. This means only Accounts with Orders will be returned in the report.
- Click the box to relate another object. For this example, choose Order Products with “Each “B” record must have at least one related “C” record. This means only Accounts with Orders that have Products will be returned in the report.
- Click the Save The properties page displays. You can make edits to the Report Type by going to the Custom Reports Types page and clicking on the name in the list.
Written by Becci Gearman
Little advantage of Lightning Edition is that you can now drag and drop certain files directly to the record. Now, there’s a trick to this as the “files” related list isn’t always available, but once added a simple drag of a file puts it on that record for future use. Read more
A nice feature that’s been added to Lightning Edition for Summer ’18 is the ability to quickly drag and drop attachments to emails in Salesforce. It’s a quick tip but a really nice one and not something that is clearly evident unless you’ve done your research into all the release notes or done it by accident to be honest. Read more
So to add a little flare to Salesforce.com’s lightning edition, they’ve added in Themes which can alter the look and feel of your company’s user experience. In this post, we’ll just explore it a bit and what they look like (the out of the box themes). Next tip I’ll actually go into the customization and creation of your own theme…. Read more
So, continuing on with themes, I wanted to go a bit into the custom theme if I could, working with custom colors, images, etc. Lightly as I’m not really a graphic designer, but I’m sure there’s a lot you could do with corporate logos, color schemes, etc. to match your company’s look. Read more
So honestly, just discovered this the other day while moving around the app area of lightning. How new is it? Couldn’t tell you but I think there’s a very useful app called the “Lightning Usage App” which helps companies track how many people are using it, how many are not and it can even tell you what needs to be changed to effectively use lightning. Read more
Catch your eye with that title? Well, we’ll try our best here and see what we can do with charts in lightning. Reason I picked this one was solely because while I was creating a chart last month, I noticed that there’s a setup area now with charts that allows you to do a lot more with lightning charts. Read more
We’ve already used conditional rich text boxes, showing certain alerts depending on products. However, when working with a client this week, they are using Rich Text to replace the old classic “links” box that was always there on the left. Only issue here is that we have create the rich text component on every page if you want it to always show, but there’s also some flexibility in that (maybe you only want it on the home page and not the account pages like it always showed up before — good and bad I guess).